devcom announces Advisory Board. Renowned personalities of the gaming industry give advice to new game developers event at gamescom.
Aruba Events, Koelnmesse, BIU, organizers of the all-new game developer platform event devcom, present the advisory board of the conference.
devcom will take place for the first time this year during gamescom. Among the board members are hands-on developers, entrepreneurs, corporate officers and creatives from the cultural sector. They cover many areas of industry expertise and will be responsible for the conference program and speaker selection.
Right now the board is hard at work selecting speakers and building the conference program from about 240 qualified lecture and panel entries. The devcom advisory board collectively aims to represent a diverse demographic cross-section of the game and digital media community. More members will join over the next months leading up to the event.
The members of the devcom Advisory Board are:
- Marco Accordi Rickards, President, Vigamus Academy
- Don Daglow, CEO, Daglow Entertainment
- Phil Elliott, Director of Community & Indie Development, Square Enix
- Alexander Fernandez, CEO, Streamline Studios
- Matt Firor, President, ZeniMax Online Studios
- Benedikt Grindel, Studio Manager, Blue Byte
- Rami Ismail, Director, Vlambeer
- Senta Jakobsen, CEO,Foxglove Studios
- Karoliina Korppoo, Lead Designer, Colossal Order
- Emmi Kussikko, CMO, Reforged Studios
- Alen Ladavac, CTO, Croteam
- Jörg Müller-Lietzkow, Dekan, Universität Paderborn
- Michal Nowakowski, SVP Business Development, CD Project Red
- Arne Peters, Vice President Strategic Relations, ESL – Turtle Entertainment
- Tom Putzki, Wargaming Europe Spokesperson, Wargaming.net
- Johannes Roth, CEO, Mimimi Productions
- Maria Martina Santoro, Managing Director, Okam Studios
- Glen Schofield, CEO, Sledgehammer Games
- Johan Sjoberg, CPO, Paradox Interactive
- Tom van Dam, Head of Mobile Game Development, Netease
- Michael Zillmer, Co-Founder und CEO, InnoGames
The devcom advisory board collectively aims to represent a diverse demographic cross-section of the games and digital media community.
The devcom developer conference is a business-focused, two-day conference with an extensive business and matchmaking area, and up to six conference and keynote rooms. The devcom developer conference is the ideal place to do business, discover what is trending in the games industry and find experienced new employees. The dd developer conference has its own press center, an 800㎡ exhibition area and the devcom business center.
Gathering of game developers is based on the concept of creating a relaxed and open forum for game developers and students to get together and exchange ideas. Rather than boxing speakers and their audiences up in closed rooms, the sessions are held at ‘talk stations’ dotted around the venue. RESPAWN 2017 will feature the Indie Game Summit, a Newcomer Summit and a new format, the Late Night Talks on Sunday evening.
The devcom developer lounge
The developer lounge provides an ideal meeting place for networking and deeper discussions throughout the entire run of gamescom. Located in the gamescom business area, it not only offers enough space for your meetings, but also separate workshop rooms for three new formats: devcom master classes, devcom tutorials and devcom summits.
The gamescom keynotes include public and business keynotes, held by both C-level industry and development experts as well as visionarys and influencers from some of the most successful games, animation and internet companies. The keynotes, which will be held twice a day from Tuesday, August 22 until Thursday, August 24 provide the audience with new ground breaking insights and will be streamed live on gamescom.de.