The Festival de Cannes is continuing to join the films from its Official Selection. The event will be held in San Sebastián.
The Festival de Cannes is continuing to join the films from its Official Selection that were not able to be shown on La Croisette. The event will be held in San Sebastián, with a unique and exceptional collaboration.
During the opening evening, José Luis Rebordinos, Director of the San Sebastián Festival, will pay special tribute to the Festival de Cannes.
Thierry Frémaux, its General Delegate, will also be in San Sebastián by his side. Seventeen films from the Official Selection of the Festival de Cannes 2020 will be presented in different sections including, as part of an unprecedented joint decision, films in competition.
Through its presence in San Sebastián, the Festival de Cannes aims to support the writers, artists and films from all over the world that make up its 2020 Selection.
Pierre Lescure, President of the Festival de Cannes, explains further:
“Every year, the International Film Festival of San Sebastián is one of the best events in September, with an extraordinary audience and incredible artistic talent to be found in all the cinemas of the city. We are delighted to be associated with the event and would like to thank José Luis Rebordinos’ teams for the support they have given to the films in the Official Selection 2020.”
The films from the Official Selection of the Festival de Cannes 2020
Discover the seventeen films from the Official Selection of the Festival de Cannes 2020, which will be presented in San Sebastián from 18 to 26 September 2020:
- PASSION SIMPLE by Danielle Arbid: Competition
- SUTEMOSE (IN THE DUSK) by Šarūnas Bartas: Competition
- ASA GA KURU (TRUE MOTHERS) by Naomi Kawase: Competition
- ÉTÉ 85 (SUMMER OF 85) by François Ozon: Competition
- DRUK (ANOTHER ROUND) by Thomas Vinterberg: Competition
- DASATSKISI (BEGINNING) by Dea Kulumbegashvili: Competition
- EL OLVIDO QUE SEREMOS (FORGOTTEN WE’LL BE) by Fernando Trueba: Official Selection – Out of Competition
- FALLING by Viggo Mortensen: The Donostia Award for Viggo Mortensen
- 16 PRINTEMPS (SPRING BLOSSOM) by Suzanne Lindon: New directors
- CASA DE ANTIGUIDADES (MEMORY HOUSE) by João Paulo Miranda Maria: New directors
- LIMBO by Ben Sharrock: New directors
- ADN (DNA) by Maïwenn: Perlak
- THE TRUFFLE HUNTERS by Michael Dweck et Gregory Kershaw: Culinary Zinema
- I AM AFRAID TO FORGET YOUR FACE by Sameh Alaa – short film: Zabaltegi-Tabakalera
- STEPHANIE by Leonardo Van Dijl – short film: Zabaltegi-Tabakalera
- MURALLA CHINA (CHINESE WALL) by Santiago Barzi – short film/Cinéfondation Selection 2020: Nest
- I WANT TO RETURN RETURN RETURN by Elsa Rosengren – short film/Cinéfondation Selection 2020: Nest